Hey, this was a welcome surprise! Power Cords, your friendly neighborhood media blog, has been nominated by a few of our awesome fellow bloggers for the One Lovely Blog award! This is not only a very kind gesture, but also exciting and humbling to know that people find our blog and the silly rantings we post good enough to warrant a nomination. Sure, getting a bunch of views or seeing your followers number grow is exciting, but it’s the comments and feedback like this that really get me excited and motivated to keep doing this in whatever capacity I can. I’d like to thank Hatm0nster of My Two Caps, and Michael of ninetyninepercentgaming for both of their nominations. It means the world to us, truly.
Of course, I couldn’t have done this alone: Marshal has turned our movie section into one of the most interesting and fun to read movie blogs out there; has spearheaded our video content push; and has made the co-editing and managing of Power Cords easier by a thousand fold. Evan, Graeme, Kyle, and Nick have contributed ace content on everything from MMOs and beta events, to super heroes and television shows. And our awesome guest bloggers Michael, Jordan, and Ian have fleshed out Power Cords with amazingly creative articles. All of these guys have helped me realize a goal I’ve been striving for for years: have a successful, fun, and compelling blog, and add a voice (or voices, in this case) to the world-wide community of gamers, film buffs, music nerd, and comic book fans. I’d say we’ve done pretty well so far.
Since we have been nominated, I’ve got a few things to cover in this post. The rules following nomination are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post. (again, thanks dudes!)
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire
- Leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
So, seven things about me..
- The only thing I do as much (if not more) than gaming is listen music; specifically old-school death metal and doom/stoner metal (but I dig plenty of other genres as well).
- I have an unhealthy obsession with podcasts, much like other people do with television.
- I love reading, both “smart” books and comic books… Almost as much as I love gaming. Almost
- I’m studying New Media Communication at Oregon State University, nearing the final stretch before my degree.
- I want to blog/write/talk for a living. Whether than means about music or games, or for an outlet like The Verge or a company like Blizzard or Capcom, I don’t mind one way or the other. I just want to be involved in the industries I love, and be a voice worth hearing.
- I love watching rugby and soccer, which are uncommon here in America but I love them anyway.
- Getting to blog with some of my best friends and talk about games, movies, and music with people all over the internet has been a dream come true. The only way it could be better was if we were getting paid 😉
Now, on to 15 blogs I’d nominate as well! In no particular order
- http://vg2caps.wordpress.com/(always considered this our sibling blog in a way. Hatm0nster was the first reader to really comment a lot on Power Cords, and since then his My Two Caps has been one of the blogs I read the most)
- http://ninetyninepercentgaming.wordpress.com/(guest blogger Michael’s blog; strong voice and opinion as well)
- http://nureviewsnetwork.com/(awesome group of guys doing similar stuff as us, but with their own focus and style)
- http://sawtoothwave.com/(a great music blog with plenty of metal)
- http://mugwumb.com/(short, sweet entries about their latest vinyl acquisitions)
- http://twscritic.com/(awesome movie, game, and beer reviews)
- http://anothergamersblog.wordpress.com/(not just another gaming blog!)
- http://bortsjorts.wordpress.com/(Michael Grimm, former gamesrader editor, writing about just about anything)
- http://jayrain.wordpress.com/(some really great perpectives here; the topic may be games, but the voice is entirely unique)
- http://mjones916.wordpress.com/(a fellow lasertime/talkradar fan’s opinion o the industry. Strong, well thought out opinions here)
- http://mynintendonews.com/(these guys work crazy hard. Very in-depth news, often reporting on things bigger sites gloss over — good stuff!)
- http://ratchetandclankguide.wordpress.com/(a young gamers first blog; great to see his progress)
- http://thedrinkinghat.wordpress.com/(these guys are absolutely hilarious)
- http://wordsformwindows.com/(exactly what a blog should be: posts about anything and everything, and filled with personality)
- http://daniielcorey.wordpress.com/(another blogger, working hard, and putting his thoughts out there)
These are all great blogs, and I’d recommend each. They all have something special to offer.
Thanks again to everyone who has read, commented, or followed, and thank you for the nominations! We are grateful you thought of us!
–Brendan, and the entire Power Cords crew.